Vinyl recording Audacity and UAD Apollo 6x Interface

I have been trying to get my setup to work with not much success. I have a Turnable running to my Apollo interface. Im running a Mac Studio M1 computer with Sonoma. I cant seem to get the input from the Apollo interface to sho up on my meter in Audacity. I have it set up correctly. Core Audio → UAD Interface → Stereo 2 Channel but I dont see any input reading on Audacity? Typically in Ableton, I select the input channel. I dont see this option in Audacity? I can see the Microphone if that is active but no other input. Im not sure what Im doing wrong but its driving me crazy. :slight_smile:

…I’m a Windows guy and I don’t know anything about your interface. But usually if the drivers are good Audacity will work. Sometimes multi-channel interfaces are “difficult” with Audacity. You might be recording the “wrong” 2 channels. Typically, you’d get channels 1 & 2 for left & right. But think Mac is better with that than Windows.

Why not go-ahead and use Ableton?

I am a PC guy, not Mac, but perhaps I can give you an idea.
–I cant seem to get the input from the Apollo interface to sho up on my meter in Audacity
Are you saying that Audacity does not seem to receive input you’re sending it?
If so, you might have a permissions problem. (This was my problem three days ago.) I can’t tell you where to look, I don’t have any idea about the Mac architecture, but try to check if your permissions are specified correctly.
–I can see the Microphone if that is active but no other input.
This suggests a permissions problem–perhaps your microphone has permission but Audacity does not (or the hardware component of the computer that handles your microphone has permission but the hardware component of the computer that handles input from your Apollo interface does not).
I would also check and be absolutely certain that your interface is actually sending signal to your computer.
As you know, the signal travels down a long chain. If any component in that chain is blocking the signal, you get nothing out the end. Your job is to find out which component is failing. Complicated technology is often difficult to debug when it goes wrong.
Good luck!

It is working. The Mic is running thru the Apollo. What is confusing is typically I have to select the input in other DAW’s. Example Channel 6 and 7 would be left and right. I don’t see anywhere where I select any input. Im almost to the point where I give up.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.