Version 2.1.3 together with 2.2.0

Hi, I was having a look at the programs installed in my computer, under Control Panel, and it shows installed Audacity 2.1.3 and 2.2.0. (Windows 7 64 bit)
I tried to uninstall 2.1.3, thinking it was not uninstalled during updating, but it uninstalled everything, and had to reinstall 2.2.0, and 2.1.3 is still there.
Is it normal?

I’m not sure that “normal” is the appropriate word, but yes that’s what happens with the Audacity installer.
I raised this question with the developers to see if we could improve the situation, but we don’t yet have a solution.

The good news is that having the duplicate entry is not harmful, it’s just a bit confusing when first encountered. To avoid the issue, uninstall Audacity before installing the new version. To fix the issue if you already have multiple entries, uninstall all versions (after the first one, Windows will probably warn that the application does not exist, but that’s normal). The when they are all gone, install the latest version.

Alternatively you can (safely) just ignore it.

Thanks for your answer. :slight_smile:
Well, to me, it’s quite “disturbing”.
Ok, the “trick” is to uninstall 2.2.0, to make 2.1.3 disappear. Previoulsy, I uninstalled 2.1.3, and, when I reinstalled 2.2.0, 2.1.3 was still there.