V3.4.2 lost ability to play through speakers

Twilight Zone experience…

installed it successfully in both my win10-(online) & my win7 (workstation).

The win10 system (low resources) is mostly used for web surfing.

Have been using v3.4.2 for 2 days successfully on win7 workstation. In the middle of an open session, Audacity stopped playing media through my speakers, other audio players/programs play as usual. I don’t remember making any changes in preferences but checked anyway. Came up with nothing even after rebooting.

I have ver2.05 also installed in separate internal HD, that still plays media as it always has.

Tested 3.4.2 on the win10 puter…everything OK.

Uninstalled v3.4.2 on the workstation & reinstalled…alas…still DOA ???

See several others have the same issue. Regarding DVDdoug’s advice to user tcs I don’t have a usb audio device on the workstation, but do on the win7 system (that doesn’t have this prob).

Appreciate any help.

In my un-docked vertical db scale toolbar, there’s a tiny icon that controls the playback level. It’s the identical color as the toolbar & in the middle of my slender vertical toolbar. It takes a bit of determination to see it.

I must have inadvertently pushed it to the left. Only a tiny movement was all that’s necessary to move it from 100 to 0.

If my observation is substantiated by others, perhaps this might be addressed by future versions ???

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.