v2.1.3 alpha solved Win10 PortAudio error

I previously used Audacity 2.0.5 with no problem on Win10 for at least 1 week…until yesterday when I changed my audio device settings to record the audio portion of a video stream. The recording was successful, and everything still worked, until after my laptop hibernated and reawakened, or something that I don’t really know happened…then I started getting the “no audio devices found - PortAudio” error message.

Downloaded & ran v2.1.3alpha (May 10 2016 r1135) and problem went away.

My machine:
Acer Aspire V5-471
Windows 10 x64: v10.0.10586 build 10586
Intel Core i3-2367M
Hyper-V active
Realtek High Definition Audio, driver: Realtek Semiconductor v6.0.1.7535-6/16/2015
USB 2.0 High Speed True HD Audio, driver: C-Media Inc v8.1.12.10-12/19/2013 (Diamond Multimedia XS71HDU 24b/96KHz USB ADC/DAC)


Thanks for letting us know. It sounds like it could have been a problem with stereo mix then. It only needs one subdevice to create a problem then 2.0.4 to 2.1.2 inclusive may not see any devices at all on Windows 10.