Using the offsets in the labels file

I posted this at the general forum but got no replies.
Thinking that perhaps I posted it at the wrong place I am trying again here.

Using the offsets in the labels file
http://www.audacityteam.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6332#p25144

Hello,

I record speech and want to make it available on a website. Often times I have all the speech I’m interested in in one project file. I label the pieces of speech with its written from, i.e. If the speech says… Hello, how are you?.. I label it “Hello, how are you?” Without the quotes. Then I export the labels to .mp3 files, put them in a directory on my server, and post text with links to a .swf player file with the appropriate file names on the website. This works OK.

But what I’d like to try would be to export the whole project as an .mp3 and then somehow use the labels file to supply the offsets into the .mp3 file and send that information to the .swf player. It would be easier to maintain one .mp3 file than many.

Has anyone done this? If so, I’d appreciate it if you could share your experience with me.
Thanks, if you have and will.

Thanks to all the people that have made audacity available.
It’s a very good and useful program.

As far as I know, this can not be done. However, maintaining many MP3 files need not be difficult. You can use “Export Multiple” to Export each labelled section as its own clip (you would probably want to prefix each label with a 3 digit number so that you can keep them in order). All of these small files could be dumped into one folder, then use a player that supports playlists (m3u or pls) and create a playlist with all the files listed.

Setting up the playlist will be a bit time consuming, but it’s the only way that I can think of for achieving the desired result.