URGENT question about recording from audio tape

i have a double stereo cassette music system which has 2 tape decks.

is there a way to record sound from both tape decks at the same time??? e.g. i put in 2 audio tapes, i press play on both of them and then record the sound from the line in source. HOWEVER i dont want both the audio tapes(from both tape decks) to be recorded together, i want them to be seperate if you know what i mean, i dont want them mixed.

is there a way to do that??? if so how, please give step by step instructions. thanks

Can you play both tapes at the same time through different outputs on the music system?

Can you play both tapes at the same time through different outputs on the music system?[/quote]

you dont understand. i want to record from the SAME input but from the two different tape decks onto 2 sererate audio.

You are right - I don’t understand.

You want to record from “2 different tape decks” - 2 tape decks in the same music system?

My questions -

1. Will the 2 tape decks in the music system play at the same time?
  2. Does each tape deck have its own output?

Reason for my question: there are many music systems that have 2 tape decks, but that only play one tape deck at one time. If you can not play both tape decks at the same time, you cannot record them at the same time.

Am I completely misunderstanding you?