Upload recording from Sony ICD-8300 to split audio into tracks

A novice here and I’m trying to find out how to move recording from my Sony device to audacity to split audio into separate tracks if possible.

B300? I couldn’t find 8300.

It doesn’t have a USB port, right?

You can connect the headphone-out to line-in (blue) on a regular soundcard and re–record with Audacity. (1) If you have a laptop with no line-in you can get a USB audio inputs. The Behringer UCA202 is popular, or there are lots of higher-end audio interfaces… or cheaper ones. Don’t buy a regular little “USB Soundcard” because they are like laptops with only mic-in and headphone-out.

(1) (The microphone input on a laptop might “work” but headphone & line outputs are about 100 times stronger than microphone signals and you won’t get the best quality. And if your laptop has a combination microphone/headphone jack you’ll need an adapter with a 4-conductor TRRS plug to make the microphone connection.

Thank you so much. I will pursue the UCA 202 solution you mentioned. BTW, it is B300 instead of 8300. Aging eyes!!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.