Hi, [Advert removed by moderator] - can someone tell me in English how to update this program. I really would like to go back to podcasting and its Audacity that is holding me up . I have Audacity 2.1.3 now and frankly uninstalling it and downloading it again and reconfiguring everything scares the hell outta me. - I am running the latest version of windows 10 - and use the Geek Squad so I am Malware Free to
- Uninstall Audacity (see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028054/windows-10-repair-or-remove-programs)
- Download “Audacity 2.2.2 installer” via the text link on this page of the Audacity website: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/
- When the download is complete, visit this page https://md5file.com/calculator and upload the file that you have downloaded.
- When the “SHA-256” result appears, ensure that it is:
If the numbers do not match, then the file has not downloaded correctly, so you will need to re-download it.
- When you have downloaded the Audacity installer and checked that it has the correct SHA-256, double click on the file to run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
I have Audacity 2.1.3 now and frankly uninstalling it and downloading it again and reconfiguring everything scares the hell outta me.
If you simply run the installer it will update and keep your settings by default. (There is a an option to reset your preferences if you want.)
Of course things can go wrong, but I’ve never had a problem updating Audacity. I try to keep it up-to-date. (I don’t install the Alpha versions, just the official releases.)
…I do have a general rule to “never update in the middle of a project”. If you’re half-way through making an audiobook, I wouldn’t mess with anything.