Unable to record on new Win11 computer

I’ve been using Audacity for a number of years on a Windows 10 computer using my Q9-1 microphone without any issues. I’ve recently updated to a new computer running Windows 11 and am now unable to record.

The microphone is installed and assigned to Audacity properly and I know it works as I’ve used it with other software.

Hitting the ‘record’ button only changes the vertical tracking line to red along with the arrow associated with Timeline Options. The tracking line never moves and nothing is recorded. Hitting the Stop button returns everything to normal.

I’ve uninstalled the software and reinstalled it using the option to reset preferences to no avail and still am unable to record.

Hopefully, there is an easy fix.

Check Windows Privacy Settings

And while you’re at it make sure that Windows “enhancements” are turned OFF.

OK. Have found the issue.

Firstly, I followed your suggestions and everything was already as it should be.

That being verified, I went back and disabled all of the other possible microphone options under Sound which left my microphone as the only usable option. This changed nothing.

In a last-ditch effort I tried one more thing. Looking at the ports on the back of the computer I noticed that the microphone was plugged into a SS USB port which was not an option on my previous computer. I swapped the microphone over to a standard port and everything now works. Problem solved!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.