When I tried to export a project, the final product came out as a “file” type. I have tried exporting as WAV and MP3, but the results are the same. So effectively I am unable to play any of the final work, unless it’s through audacity, or by specifying the program used to open the file through “open with” option in windows.
I have tried uninstalling audacity once, but while trying to reinstall it, I realised there was another audacity program inside the computer, and the uninstall option was unavailable. As such I manually deleted all the audacity files before reinstalling, but the problem persist. Not sure if this is relevant or not.