U-Phoria 404 - Audacity and CD-4 Recording

Hello,
I am attempting to record CD-4 music from my Audio Technica into Audacity in order to be able to clean up the recordings and then save to 4 track reel to reel. I have no issues with the Audio Technica or the QRX-9001 I am decoding with. I am using a Behringer U-Phoria 404 with inputs from the 9001 amp to the four microphone inputs. All 4 channels are indicating they are receiving data from the 9001.
In Audacity I am using the Wasapi host. It shows the 404 as “microphone in 3” without the drivers installed. When I choose 4 channel in the audacity drop down and hit record it shows 4 channels but gives me the "error opening sound card. "
If I download the Uphoria drivers the Audacity now sees the 404 as input 1/2 OR input 3/4. In other words its splits the 4 channels. Others have reported they get “Beringer in” as one file in Audacity and they are able to record 4 channels. I have tried everything I can find in the way of tutorials and nothing seems to work. I am hoping someone has resolved this issue out there.
Windows 10 64 bit running Audacity 2.2.2

Thanks

A lot of people have trouble multitrack recording in Audacity. Your Behringer interface should have come with Tracktion software and you should probably try that. Audacity should be able to edit the multi-track/surround recording but you won’t hear surround sound during editing.

and then save to 4 track reel to reel.

I assume you’re going to keep a digital copy? Note that the only universal/standard surround formats are DVD & Blu-Ray. You’ll need DVD/Blu-Ray authoring software to compatible files that play on any DVD or Blu-Ray player.

Hi,
No I didn’t get any software with the unit. I did not see any software when I registered it either. In fact I did not know about drivers until I stumbled upon them while searching for answers.
I will have to see if I can obtain that software on the net.
No, I am not planning on converting to DVD at this time. I am comfortable with reel to reel four track and that will be the format that I ultimately listen to. I have a QRX-9001 and four Pioneer 100 watt speakers. :smiley:

Thanks for your reply

Tom