Turn Timeline Auto Scanning Off

Audacity 3.4.2. Macbook Air High Sierra

How do I freeze the blue wave position in the timeline? Let the cursor run off the right-hand edge.

How do I look that up in the manual?

Koz

For example, if it’s related to Facebook Timeline auto-scanning, the steps would involve navigating to your Settings, then clicking on “Security and Login” and “Timeline and Tagging.” Within that section, you can manage “Who can see your past posts?” and disable the automatic scanning feature.

This may be a little simpler than that. I’m betting on a little clicky somewhere.

I zoomed into a small portion of my voice blue waves to get rid of a lip smack. Every time the cursor gets near the right-hand edge, the whole timeline updates to the next time block, and takes my edit away from me. It’s pretty irritating, particularly because the older Audacity versions didn’t use to do that.

Koz

It’s this guy:

"Update display while playing"

Actually, that’s a pretty confusing name for that feature. How about renaming it to “Follow playhead” and moving it down to the other playhead option?

Here’s a build @kozikowski: Timeline options button improvements by LWinterberg · Pull Request #5895 · audacity/audacity · GitHub

I’ve moved the option down to be together with pinned playhead, and renamed “update display while playing” to “scroll view to playhead” and “pinned play head” to “continuous scrolling”. In the near future I also want to make the green arrow down button look more like a settings button.

Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 9.02.23 AM

I’m sorry. The Starbucks® hasn’t kicked in yet. Where are you?

Koz

Right click the time line ruler

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.