Troubleshooting with Normalize or Amplify

Hi all,

Every time I try to change the number for “Normalize Peak Amplitude to” from -1.0 to -3.0, I get an error message, “LookupViewService quit unexpectedly.” I have uninstalled Audacity twice now along with deleting the Application support folder for it in the Library and re-installing from scratch. I cannot find any suggestions on the forum either. Any thoughts? I am attaching screenshots of the error message. Thank you.
Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 9.58.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 9.58.50 PM.png

Do you use “Axure” production software? There is a link between that and LookupViewService being unstable or crashing. We also know (from Google) that LookupViewService is a memory pig and I can see Audacity and LookupViewService struggling for the same memory locations. Audacity has to keep the whole or most of the show in memory for some of the tools to work.

Also there is the usual: do you have enough hard drive open and free?

Do your own Google search and see if any of the hits look familiar. I’ve never seen it before, but I know some of my newer software licenses are not software licenses any more. They’re “Production Environments” and they’re not bashful about taking over the machine and causing problems.

Koz