Trouble Recording Audio From MAC

I have a MAC Monterey 12.2 and I am unable to record audio directly from my computer. I don’t wanting outside sound from a microphone or other input. All I want to record is the sound on my screen and nothing else. I don’t see a setting for it anywhere. I used to be able to do this years ago on my MAC OSX 10.6 so I MUST be able to do it now also…no?

I used to be able to do this years ago on my MAC OSX 10.6 so I MUST be able to do it now

You must have had some outside help. Macs have never been able to do this trick.

I used SoundFlower for a very long time. It stands in the middle between all the sound services and connects them together.

The last versions of Mac have not been supported, so the fall-back is iShowU Audio Capture.

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 5.25.11 PM.png
As I posted recently, I once got my Mac to work two completely different jobs at the same time. One record and one playback with no interference between them. That’s normal.

It’s been a while since I checked, I think that’s still current. There was also a rumor that SoundFlower was going to issue updates so that will start working again.

Koz

There is a caution here. If you use any of the conferencing services, Skype, Zoom, or Meetings, please know they work by taking control of your sound system and you don’t have anything to say about it. Worse, the control supervision sticks around even with the program in the background, and sometimes even after you close it.

Regard all the people who start reading audiobook chapters in processed “Skype Voice” for no apparent reason.

There’s a reason. Skype didn’t go away.

Koz