Timeline and VU meter scale on Audacity 2.3.1 (macOS 10.14.3)

Hi everyone,

I am a long term Audacity user but his is my second post on this forum and I struggled to find a solution to my problem using the forums search or Google.

I used Audacity 2.2.2 up until now but I’m getting notifications from macOS that 32-bit support will end soon. I previously tried 2.3.0 but deleted it when I found no way to disable micro-fades which made Audacity unusable for my workflow. Now that I found out 2.3.1 has an option to disable that “feature” I’m willing to give 2.3.x another try.

I have trouble with the enter key (that I posted in another thread) and now there seems to be only one more issue remaining before I can finally make the switch to 2.3.x:

In 2.2.2 I got more detailed scales on the timeline and the VU meter but with 2.3.1 the behavior has has changed. It is hard for me to explain as English isn’t my native language so made screenshots which maybe help to explain what I mean (see attachment).

Both have the same settings:

VU meter = Settings → Interface → Meter dB range → - 36 dB (shallow range for high-amplitude editing)

Zoom = CMD+2 → CMD+1

How can I make the scales in 2.3.1 to look more detailed as in 2.2.2?

Thank you in advance.
Audacity 2.3.1.png
Audacity 2.2.2.png