The meter is showing audio output but no actual audio is coming out

I have been using Audacity for many years. Just recently I bought a new Lenovo laptop which came with Windows 11. I downloaded Audacity 3.4.2, installed it on my new computer and opened one of my previous files. Everything appears to be working just fine except I cannot get any audio out. It appears to be playing, the meter is showing a healthy level but no sound coming out either on my headphones or on the speakers.
I have spent the last few hours going through the process of elimination checking everything just like I do on a live gig but nada. I even uninstalled and then re-installed Audacity. I checked other media and the computer audio and headphones are working just fine. I checked other Audacity files that had worked perfectly on my old computer but no sound.
I think it must be some setting related to Windows 11 or the Lenovo drivers but I cannot find it.
Help!
Thanks

You would need to to post your Audio settings in Audacity. and post what is actually happening

Those little rectangular blocks inside the sound meters are volume controls.

Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 5.39.52 PM

It’s perfectly possible to have bouncing sound meters and no playback sound. Jam them both all the way up (to the right).

Koz

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.