The following issue popped up over the last couple days when using Audacity, and I can’t figure out why:
- When I delete audio or paste audio, it used to take a split second to perform this task.
- About half the time now, it takes about 5-6 seconds before completing. I get the spinning beach ball during those 5-6 seconds.
Performing other tasks seems slow as of the last few days, too. For example:
- When I stop a recording, it sometimes will continue on for 5-6 seconds. Alternately, the red recording line may linger for 5-6 seconds before it is clear that recording has stopped.
- My chains used to be really fast on my 8-year-old MacBook – now I would estimate they take triple the amount of time to complete.
I’ve notice when I go to close Audacity, sometimes it crashes at that moment.
This is starting to slow down my overall editing time.
- I have a new MacBook that’s about a month old (High Sierra - 10.13.6). I’m using Audacity 2.2.2, which is obviously a fresh installation.
- Other than chains taking a long time to process, Audacity was running more or less fine on this computer until the last few days. I have done nothing major on the computer that i can think of in that period that would explain a slowdown in Audacity.
- I checked my Activity Monitor and there was nothing that I could see that was demanding resources to explain a slowdown in Audacity. Sometimes Safari was demanding resources so I closed it – it seemed to help temporarily, but the issue still came back and Audacity gave me the spinning beach ball on usually quick operations.
Do you have any thoughts? i’d be happy to post diagnostic information if you think it would help. Just point me to what you need.