software crash

hi
my issue is while im recording a record my moniter goes blank… I think its a protector for the moniter.

anyway while the moniter is black i hit a key on the keyboard to bring up the picture on the moniter and i found that the editor has stopped recording…is there something im doing wrong?

LENNY

my issue is while im recording a record my moniter goes blank… I think its a protector for the moniter.

You probably need to change your computer’s Power/Sleep settings. If you don’t know how to do that, tell us what version of Windows you’re running.

anyway while the moniter is black i hit a key on the keyboard to bring up the picture on the moniter and i found that the editor has stopped recording.

Does it just stop/pause (so you can click Record again) or has it really crashed? There are some keyboard shortcuts so you might be sending an unwanted command when you hit the keyboard.

hi
im using windows 10 64 bits on a dell computer…i found where the sleep option is its set at 30 minates.
I guess I just make it longer say at 4 hours right?

lenny

Yes, set it for however long you want to record (plus some). And you should generally leave the “screen” on too.

thanks douglas…

lenny