saving recorded music to laptop[SOLVED]

Hello, I’m new to Audacity and I am trying to download cassettes to my laptop. I can record the cassettes to Audacity just fine, but when I try to download them into my laptop I have to remove a song from my laptop to place a new one in. I dont want to lose any of my music and I am at a total loss as what to do. Will someone please help me. I am not so smart with computors as my generation listened to 8 tracks (yep, I’m old). I’ve read all the instructions I can find and nothing helps me. This is extremely important to me because I am in the ministry and the cassettes are music tracks I use for singing and most of them cannot be replaced. Thanks and God bless.
Pastor Butch Miller

Unfortunately we can’t help you with how to use a computer, but there are many Windows forums on the internet where you can ask for help with Explorer and similar matters.

When you talk about

when I try to download them into my laptop I have to remove a song from my laptop to place a new one in

are you talking about exporting your Audacity recording as a WAV file?

If so, File > Export…, choose a location where you have disk space available and you have permission to write to, then save. If you are not sure where you have permission to write to, ask your computer administrator for help.

If you do not have enough disk space, please see here Windows help & learning .

Gale

If your laptop has got an external USB slot, you could place your songs on a USB stick, and play them from there after plugging the USB stick into your laptop.
HTH.
Cheers,
Robert

Hey, thanks to all who responded. Got it fiqured out now and sailing along nicely. Thank you!