Hello. I’m using Windows 10 Pro 17763.253.
I was talking with people on discord when i opened Audacity and suddenly my right ear headset was nearly silent, but still outputting some sound. I also noticed a decrease in quality from what was still coming out of left ear. I tried playing a video on Chrome and the problem was still there.
To try and fix the problem and did the following :
- Close audacity
- Close all applications using the headset
- Restart discord (problem still unsolved)
- Restart the computer (problem still unsolved)
- Set speakers as main device and play a music : works
- Set my headset as main device again : nope, still unsolved
My headset has two devices relying on the same driver, so that the sound can be split between gaming and communications (i have a small device to level the two).
Using the communications device instead of the gaming device as i usually do solves the problem, but now whenever i need to use the gaming device the sound doesn’t come out from the right ear.
I didn’t try to reinstall the drivers yet but when i do i’ll let you know. In the meantime this is either a mishandled already used device or just a bug from the software but in all cases a really bothering issue