Return to Speaker

Regarding this article: Recording Computer Playback on Mac
I finally managed to get Soundflower to work with Audacity. Computer is MacBook Air with Mojave 10.14.3 OS. Near the last part of the article, “To set things back to normal …”. I was able to do this step OK. And I hear sound on the headphones without Audacity running. Now how do I hear the internal speaker when I disconnect the headphones? I could probably fool around, but I don’t want to get in trouble again. And the answer could appended to the article. So, what would be the next step to hear sound on the speaker?

Thank You,

Don

We need to know the Mac you are running this on, the version of macOS, and the version of Audacity.

What article are you referring to? Does it have a URL?

We do not support Soundflower, and the developers of Soundflower have ceased updates and support as of 4 years ago.

That said, if you hear sound in the headphones, then unplug the headphone and don’t hear sound on the internal Mac speakers, that suggests a problem with your computer, not with Audacity or Soundflower. As far as the Mac is concerned there is no difference between headphones and internal speakers.

– Bill

Hi Bill,

I have since figured the problem out. In fact Audacity and Sound Flower work very well together. I’m using the latest Audacity version for MacBook Air (early 2015). The OS is Mojave 10.14.3. Do you think when I eventually update to 10.14.4, Audacity and Soundflower will stop working?

Don

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Re: 10.14.4 - I’ve been really bad when attempting to predict the future.
– Bill