Restore the slider at the bottom to move the audio to the right or left?

After Audacity was upgraded it no longer has the slider at the bottom to move the audio you are working on to the right or left. It has really made it cumbersome for me. Is there a way to add the slider as it used to be?

Another issue is that it often creates a loop when I’m just positioning the cursor line. Is there a way to restrict this behavior so that it requires more deliberation input rather than just happening when you don’t want it?

That slider is called the “horizontal scrollbar”. The fact that it is missing is a longstanding bug. Fortunately there is a workaround: Toggle the Audacity window between maximized and not maximized, and back again. The horizontal scrollbar should then work.

After Audacity was upgraded it no longer has the slider at the bottom to move the audio you are working on to the right or left. It has really made it cumbersome for me. Is there a way to add the slider as it used to be?

View → Toolbars → Reset toolbars
It works for me when track is open…

Another issue is that it often creates a loop when I’m just positioning the cursor line

Maybe that will help? Check different options…

Can’t they fix this?

There isn’t a very big “they” and there are other serious problems like under some conditions, your show will Hindenburg with no recovery.

As an illustration of the structure, this is a volunteer help forum. Audacity doesn’t have a help desk.

Koz

Just seems like fixing the display scrollbar would be simple coding, like setting a property in an object.

I logged the issue in December 2021. You can follow the progress here.