Required assistance for the recreation of a particular vocal effect from a movie.

Greetings everyone! :slight_smile:

I’m a fairly new Audacity user, and this is my first time on the Forum. I recently joined this section, so I’m not sure if this is the right place to post my question. Please excuse my inadequacy.

The subject of this thread is a vocal effect that is used in a movie. I am currently working on a personal project which requires the recreation of that same effect and its application on a new vocal. In the past week, I did my best to understand the difference between the various effects provided by this program. But I was never able to achieve the desired result. While using the ‘Tremolo’ and ‘Phaser’ effects brought me somewhere, it still wasn’t exactly what I want. I figured it would be better to ask for support from the experts.

Here’s a link to a YouTube video of the source I’m using for reference.
https://youtu.be/rbrIQjVNl0E?t=92

I also understand that some vocal modifications require more advanced software, so if this task isn’t achievable using Audacity, I’ll take it. The effect sounds like an amplified humming, mixed with the vocal. Surely there is an actual explanation for what I’m trying to say.

I’ll be glad if someone could shed some light.

Ring modulator is similar effect

The Grallion2 plugin can generate similar robotic sounds, (but the full featured version is not free).