Repairing Recovered iTalk aiff Files

I’m using Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.2 and was able to pull off my iPhone aiffs recorded by iTalk, an app recently no longer supported. While many of them played, two sizable “Untitled” recordings (apx. 70MB and 89 MB) don’t play at all. They are important recordings from meetings, and I’ve tried to recover them. When I tried to import them in Audacity as an audio file, there appears nothing. When I’ve imported them as raw data into Audacity 3.1.3, I can see their length, but nothing more. They also sound like static. Can someone provide guidance what I need to do to recover them? Thanks.
Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 5.38.52 PM.jpg

If you know the format try RAW with a different offset. I assume these are 16-bit files so there are 2-bytes per sample and an offset of 0 or 1 should “work”. With 24-bites (3-bytes per sample) 0, 1, or 2 should work.

The “real” offset for a WAV file is 44 bytes (audio starting after the header) and I think an AIFF is the same. But the main thing is that the byte-order is correct so odd or even usually works (with 16-bits.) If the header gets read as audio data, you’ll just have a little glitch/click in the beginning that you can edit-out.

Or you can check a good file with [u]MediaInfoOnline[/u] to get most of the format details and you might have to guess the rest.

You can also check a bad file with MediaInfoOnline to see if it recognizes it as an audio file.

Thx. The offset was the missing setting, so I shifted it from 0 to 1 and it worked. Appreciate your help.

Dear Emat
Thank you for posting this
I need help extracting my italk files from my iphone
Using Mac os ventura
Unfortunately, iPhone ios no longer support italk and “I saw you wrote that you were able to extract”
Please can you send me the app or the way you extracted them?
many thanks
Simon