Remove specific windows sounds

Hi ,
I have windows 7 with Audacity 2.1.1 that I use to record online university classes , the problem is that while the instructor is speaking we get sounds that pop up every time a student ask a question in the chant or every time a student enters or exit this virtual room … those sounds are meant to draw the instructor attention to the questions or comments being asked on the live chat but they are very annoying and distracting at the same time…

Do you know a way to remove those noises from the recording ? they are usually 4 district sounds , one for when student enters the chat room , one for when student exist the chat room , one when the student posts a comment or a question in the chat room and I think the last one is when the instructor posts something or changes status …

The chat room ins Flash based and I use firefox browser with Adobe flash 19 to attnd those courses

Thanks in anticipation

Probably not possible to remove those sounds other than by “cutting them out” by editing.

It may be possible to make those sounds quieter, but that may require a lot of work on your part. If you think it’s worth the effort, feel free to post a short sample of each sound that you are wanting to remove, including a few seconds of the talking that you want to keep. See here for how to post an audio sample: https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/how-to-post-an-audio-sample/29851/1
(short, high quality WAV or FLAC format samples are preferred).

I doubt they are Windows sounds in the sense of being Windows system sounds. If they are though, you can turn them off so they do not get into the recordings by right-clicking over the speaker icon by the system clock, then choose “Sounds”. Then choose the “No sounds” sound scheme.

Gale