Remove specific wave form out of a audio

Hi,

I’m looking into a way to remove a specific wave form ( a background noise created by a bad ground occurring randomly) out of a video/mp3 audio.

I can capture the waveform I want to remove but I don’t find a way to remove it (only this and leave the “rest” intact).

Is it possible?

Best regards,

I can capture the waveform I want to remove but I don’t find a way to remove it (only this and leave the “rest” intact).

What does that mean? Do you have a section of the recording where there is noise only? In that case, you can try using that as a noise profile (noise fingerprint) with the standard [u]Noise Removal Filter[/u]. But, if the noise is bad, “The cure can be worse than the disease”.

created by a bad ground…

If this is AC line hum try a 50 or 60Hz notch filter (depending on the line frequency where you live). And if it’s more of a 50/60Hz “buzz”, try another notch at 100 or 120Hz to reduce the harmonics. (And maybe again at 200/240Hz.)

There limits to what you can do, and sometimes the best solution is to leave the recording as-is. There’s a good reason pros still record in soundproof studios with very good equipment.

It’s not AC (Power line kind) interference but I’ll try to check the frequency of it.

It’s more a high pitch then a hum, I can isolate the noise just but putting the microphone under my pillow, cut down all the noise source and just start the recording.

And it’s a “added sound” and not coming from the exterior.

I’ll retry to record the sound wave and remove it with some of the presets but I still prefer to be able to get rid of the sound wave (wave form) since it’s always the same sequence.