Firstly forgive me, I am not tech minded and very much a newbie. But I am wondering if there has been any progress to this issue that I am experiencing and have seen that others are too.
Let me explain whats happening to me…
The first thing to say is this hasnt happened on ‘every’ project. Since updating to 3.0.2 Ive made about 30 projects and this has happened to around 5 of them. Also as I recall this never happened on the old pre 3.0.0 version of Audacity.
So … no problem doing the recording. My projects are typically anything between 2 to 8 tracks and around 3 minutes (I do vocal song covers)…
But the issue is when I edit afterwards. I tend to do lots of edits on my recordings (time shifts, volume changes to certain sections, cuts and pastes and deletes etc) Things will start fine and fast but then gradually every action will become delayed to the point where things eventually become unworkable.
Heres the weird part … once the slowdown has begun, the project can never recover. What I mean is even if I save it and reboot pc and go back into it its on go-slow. Even if I create a new project and copy the tracks into it, its the same. (Note that if I open another project at the same time that never had this problem… I can play around with it fine without this problem… even if the go-slow project is still open in another window)
Like I say I am not tech minded but its as if as Im making edits to my project its building up memory to the point where ‘something’ gets full and starts slowing down. And once the slow down has happened that track or project is forever corrupted (I know thats not the right word but you know what I mean)
I’ve tried a few things I’ve read on the forums like turn off auto windows 10 updating and reversing all tracks and re-reversings them and saving into new location. But not working sadly.
Hope you can help.