Recording Music to an interview

Hello All,

I’m hoping someone can help me here.

I have recorded a phone interview using record my call.com and I’ve burned it to cd and imported it to Audacity. I’ve edited the interview to where I like it and now I’m trying to add music to the beginning as an intro.

I cant figure out how to to do this. If I copy and paste the cut of music I want to my audio interview the music is super slow. If I copy and paste the audio portion of the interview and paste it to the music, the voice is very fast.

How can I add my music to the front of my audio interview. I dont think I’m trying to do anything fancy.

Thanks,

Bill
wparlaman@comcast.net

If you use “Import” to get the sounds into Audacity, all should be fine.
If you still have problems, please state if you are using 1.2.6 or 1.3.4

<<<I dont think I’m trying to do anything fancy>>>

You’re not, but you’re using a messy method to get there. Speed changes happen when two sound cuts on the time line have different compression or technical standards. If your voice bed is MP3 and the music is WAV, that’s just not going to work. I don’t think a cross between different sample rates or bit number will cross, either.

Some of the music programs costing billions of dollars and running on very powerful machines don’t care, but Audacity, especially the early one, isn’t like that. You have to line everything up ahead of time–or tell it what you’re gong to do, see: Import.

Koz