Recording internal audio (WASAPI) error

I have been using audacity for a few years now and have never had any problems until now.
When recording desktop audio with the wasapi options set up correctly, the recordings are introducing spacial / reverb effects to these recordings. Again, I am not recoding into a microphone nor am I choosing to turn on or add any delay/reverb effects so I am confused how this in happening. My laptop is a 2023 windows dell xps i7 13th gen. There is an option within the dell settings for a Spatial Audio enhancement however, that is turned off. This worked completely fine and then the next day this issue came up. It also happens when I use other software for the internal loop back recording purposes and it I am receiving the same problem. I am thinking it is a driver issue but have not came to any confirmed conclusions. I have uninstalled the drivers along uninstalled and reinstalled audacity and the other programs. I love audacity and really want to figure this out. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

Turn OFF Audible Input Monitoring. You’ve got an internal feedback loop, recording what you’re hearing and hearing what you’re recording.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.