Recording in Stereo

Hello

I am using Windows 7 and Audacity 2.1.2. I am recording with an Editors Keys USB mic.

The Audacity manual says:

Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8: Many USB recording devices, even if stereo, are seen as “microphones” so set by Windows to record in mono. If Audacity is set to record in stereo this will cause both channels to have the same content as one of the channels. To set Windows to record the device in stereo:
By the system clock, right-click over the Speaker icon > Recording Devices then right-click over USB Audio Codec > “Properties”
On the “Advanced” tab, in the “Default Format” section, make sure the dropdown menu is set to “2 channel 16-bit 44100 Hz”.

My problem is that in Windows Recording settings, I only see options for “1 channel” recording, not two.

Thank you for your help!

Which Editors Keys mic exactly? As far as I can see, only the SL600 is claimed as stereo.

What are you recording exactly? If you are recording vocals and an instrument, you can record the instrument first, then the vocals, both in mono, then use the L…R pan slider on the each track to pan them in the stereo field.

Gale