Recording Error

Hey, well ive been using audacity to record my tracks for a little while and it was working fine.

only recently (past 2 or 3 days) ive been getting the error message ‘Error while opening sound device. Please check the input device settings and the project sample rate.’

I have changed the project sample rate to the recommended rate, still nothing…changed microphones still nothing.

But the funny thing is, it works if i am recording without an instrumental, also without the instrumental i cant record then record again for a different verse. Not too sure whats going on here, I also use Ventrillo which is a voice chat program because I do a fair bit of gaming, but my microphone doesnt work with that either you cant hear my voice at all.

I’ve turned up all the lvls on my microphone, the sound and the microphone boost and nothing. I’m not sure if this is my computer inputs stuffing up or ive messed up some settings somewere.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt and I have no idea whats going on. I’m out of ideas :frowning: