Recorded in OBS NDI feeds via Skype... delay and echo issues in recording

Hey all. I’m buggin’ out because I just did an hour interview with someone and I did SOMETHING wrong in the settings. I had both of our feeds, from Skype, in OBS and it seemed fine, but then I recorded it and went to listen and there’s an echo on my vocals, and a delay on hers.

Is there any way to salvage this recording using Audacity? Specifically the echo… it’s like pulling two audio sources with a very slight delay, but when I try exporting the audio it only shows up as one track

Audacity can’t take echoes out of a show.

I did SOMETHING wrong in the settings.

I can’t exactly follow that. Whose settings were you following?

Do you have one track with a single blue wave or two waves?

Were you expecting your voice clean on one stereo track and her voice clean on the other? Mono Mix with you both clean talking to each other?

when I try exporting the audio it only shows up as one track

Are the voices clean on that single track?

Have you been doing interviews for months and this is the first one that failed?

What are you going to do so this doesn’t happen next time?

Both Skype and Zoom and I think Meetings will record the voices on their servers. They introduced this to get around the complicated fails that people were having recording their own shows at home.

Home Recording of chats is super hard to get right reliably. Skype, Zoom, and Meetings fight you every step of the way.

Koz