Realtek wont work, i have tried every solution

• Solely using the realtek recording to rip sounds off youtube and soundboards.

• last night was my first night to play with audacity and after hours of troubleshooting i got it to work and had lots of fun.

• today for some reason i absolutely can not get it to record anything at all (wavelength stays flat regardless of settings and whats coming out of my speakers)

• this has caused me to go insane and i have updated every single driver on my pc :unamused:

• the only thing i know thats different today is on my “stereo recording” drop box, last night i was able to go to like 8 or 9 channels on that list

• i remember reading on a forum post last night how to make the tracks like that but that page has mysteriously vanished from my history and memory

• if anyone knows the fix to get the recording channels number greater i think for some reason that is the only thing my pc will accept

• ryzen 5 2600x not oc, msi b450 tomohawk, win 10 build 18363

• THANKS!

Use WASAPI (loopback). [u]Tutorial - Recording Computer Playback on Windows[/u].

…last night i was able to go to like 8 or 9 channels on that list
…if anyone knows the fix to get the recording channels number greater i think for some reason that is the only thing my pc will accept

What? YouTube is regular-old 2-channel stereo.

its driving me insane man. for some reason it just isn’t working for anything tonight

What settings do you have in the Device Toolbar?

thank you for such a simple fix
i swear that i used the realtek option but the wasapi setting worked perfectly and even gave my audio tracks the option for 8 tracks which is what i remembered. this must have been the setting i had been using but went brain dead and completely forgot the next day. thank you very much for this!