question

hi when I press the effects button I see all these “rx” options at the bottom…these you have to pay for…whats going on?these were free…now we have to pay for them…is audacity going to be non free eventually?why are you going that way?

lenny

Audacity is free. If you got a version with offers to sell you things, you may have got a bogus version.

https://www.audacityteam.org/

You can totally apply store-bought software to Audacity. One of the vinyl noise reducers works that way.

Koz

thanks koz…

lenny

hi I downloaded it again and got them rx options in the effects…do you have a link that doesntr have these rx options?

lenny

hi again…ive tried every download there is and still im getting them "rx"options…theres nothing I can do?

lenny

Audacity does not include “rx”.
I’m guessing that you have one or more iZotope RX Plug-in Packs installed.

What exactly are you seeing? What are these “rx options” and where / when are you seeing them?

hi
for me if you look at the effects option youll see them at the bottom…open them and youll see the word “trial” at the top…so its a trial situation…check it out…

lenny

Where? What program?
Talk me through it step by step. Imagine that I can’t see your computer and lead me through what you are doing.

the audacity program…i just installed it and I got these rx items in the effects option…just do what I told you to do…do you have it installed?its not rocket science…

lenny

I don’t have any RX effects on two different computers. I don’t think anybody else, does either.

I’m with Steve.

I’m guessing that you have one or more iZotope RX Plug-in Packs installed.

Koz