Question about Recording/Editing!!

Hello!

I am having a problem syncing a single track together; I understand how to align different tracks, but a single track of mine (that i want to edit) is split to into two different bars for the left and right channel/speaker

i am having a problem editing them simultaneously;

does anyone know how I can align them together?

(This the first time i recorded on different software where two bars within the same track have appeared)

Thank you!!

<<<does anyone know how I can align them together? >>>

In different words…You have a song in two mono tracks instead of one stereo track like this…

http://kozco.com/tech/audacity/Audacity1_playback.jpg

The little downward black arrow to the left of the show has tools to change the track identity to Left, Right, Mono or whatever you want. This process may be a little easier in Audacity 1.3, but you can do it in earlier versions, too.

Make one Left, one Right, then click Make Stereo Track.

Koz

koz!

thanks so much for the response! I am looking at what you said and the ‘mono’ option on the drop down is not electable (in light print and will not catch)

I wonder why that is?!?!?

Thanks!

it might be a matter of just changing it from stereo to mono?

This is where we stop what we’re doing and get you to tell us all about your computer, connections, and Audacity versions. You are in a portion of the system that changes wildly depending on that information.

For example;…

Snow Leopard OS-X 10.6.2
Intel 1.83 GHz Core Duo Mac Mini
2GB RAM
8.5 GB free space on a 14.7 GB System Drive
Audacity 1.3.12

We can talk you through where to find all that stuff.

Koz