I have to deal with material with mixed sample rates:
a) external recording (lectures) with 32 kHz (from the external conference program ZOOM, I have no influence on the sample rate, it’s ZOOM)
b) self spoken recordings (Short headlines) with 32 kHz or 44.1 kHz
c) music clips with 44.1 kHz
Later on I like to export the project to mp3 with quality set to Medium.
Normally I start with importing track a) into the project → which sets the project rate to 32 kHz
Then I do recording b) which results also in 32 kHz.
Then I import music clips with 44.1 kHz.
Up to this point it seems ok to me.
But then I run into troubles like this:
- ReplayGain needs >= 44.1 kHz to work
- some other VST-plugIns also needs at least 44.1 kHz
My solution could be:
- resample all 32 kHz tracks to 44.1 kHz
- set the project rate to 44.1 kHz
My questions are:
- is that a recommended way?
- with respect to target medium quality mp3 → is upsampling and then sort of downsampling by the lame encoder resulting in a big qualtity loss?
Thanx for your help