Project won't play

Using Windows 8.0 and 2.1.2.
I had old music from audio cassette transferred to mp3 and WAV files on a CD. Managed to Import WAV file onto Audacity. It’s fairly long, about 45 mins. It shows as a project on Audacity, but when I click to Play the file, the LR monitor flashes a moment, and then nothing, it will not play the project file.

Any clue how to make the imported file play? Thanks.

tommyworks

had old music from audio cassette transferred to mp3 and WAV files on a CD. Managed to Import WAV file onto Audacity.

Windows people tend to get stuck assuming what they have because Windows hides filename extensions. If you reveal all extensions, do those files actually say something.mp3 and something.wav? CDs can have a number of different file formats.

Google “Reveal Win8 filename extensions.”

A data CD should have arrived looking like any other hard drive. Drag the file to the desktop and then Right-Click > Open With > Audacity.

While the files are on your desktop, Right-Click > Open-With > Windows Media. Does Windows Media play the file?

If what you actually have is an Audio CD, then that’s not an ordinary file system. You will need to import the music with a Audio CD Ripper program. Again Google is your friend.

Koz

thanks for advice, turned out the problem was the file I wanted to work with, being so much longer than normal, did not get completely uploaded before I started working with it. everything is now fine and back to the cool things audacity can do with some songs recorded in the 1970s.