Problems getting a plugin to work.

Hi. I am having problems with the getting the Torpedo Wall of Sound plugin to work. I look at diagnostics slow long and it printed this out:

20:53:11: Audacity 3.1.3
20:53:11: sqlite3 message: (1) no such table: project in “SELECT 1 FROM project LIMIT 1;”
20:53:12: Error: Failed to load shared library ‘avformat-58.dll’ (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)
20:53:12: Error: Failed to load avformat-58.dll (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)
20:53:12: Error: Failed to load shared library ‘avformat-57.dll’ (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)
20:53:12: Error: Failed to load avformat-57.dll (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)
20:53:12: Error: Failed to load shared library ‘avformat-55.dll’ (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)
20:53:12: Error: Failed to load avformat-55.dll (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)
20:56:41: Help button pressed: PageName Main_Page, releasePageName index.html
20:56:41: webHelpPage https://manual.audacityteam.org/index.html, localHelpPage C:\Program Files\audacity\help\manual\index.html

Trouble is, I don’t know what any of this means of how to repair the problem. I downloaded the plugin and pasted it in the plugins folder, but still the same problem. It is a VST plugin.

Ken

Currently only VST (not VST3) plugins can work in Audacity.
Also 32-bit plugins will only work on 32-bit Audacity, similarly for 64-bit.

Also you need to have an account to activate this particular plugin …

So just pasting the dll will not be enough to have the effect work: you need to have an account & password.

I have an updated license and a password and my account is active. It worked right one time and I came back to it the next day and now it does not work.

Also I have the 64 bit version.

Voxengo’s Boogex is a free mic/cab emulator that works* in Audacity
https://www.voxengo.com/product/boogex/
[ * not live, only in post-production in Audcaity].