Problem with fast track ultra

I purchased the M Audio Fast Track Ultra with intent of having the ability to record 4 channels simultaneously on Audacity. I select 4 tracks in the preferences but when I attempt to record I get the following error message: “Error opening sound device. Please check the input device settings and project sample rate.”

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong and how I correct this.

Thank You

Try setting the Fast Track as the default recording and playback device for your operating system. If you’re on some version of Windows you will do that in the Windows Control Panel.

hey im having the same problem with my tascam interface… it seems that through my research i have found that our drivers arent supported by audacity to record multi channels.

http://wiki.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=Multichannel_Recording

Read the topic “Recording with audacity”. According to this we can get ASIO4ALL or ASIO SDK and have to “complile” it into audacity. Im unfamiliar with “Compiling” but im going to try and figure this out tonight when i get off work. theres a place on these forums that describe compiling as well as places online like audacitywiki that say how to do it.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?