Problem with Audacity?

I have a long music track “long track”, and a short sound track “the clap”.
I would like to do this: long track on track 1, and while playing the long track (without any pauzing!!) adding several times the clap (will be written on track 2). The clap should be added/written every time I hit a key or keycombo.
Is this possible in Audacity?
Sorry if the question is already asked, but since I don’t know the technical terms for this action, I didn’t knew how to search on this forum.

I would like to do this: long track on track 1, and while playing the long track (without any pauzing!!) adding several times the clap (will be written on track 2).

It’s not really practical to do it in real-time with Audacity… If you wanted to record yourself with a microphone clapping in-time to the background track, you could do that…

But, here’s something you can try -

Click Tracks → Add New - > Stereo Track (Assuming it’s stereo). That will create a new track in stereo with the old one.

Select/highlight the part that you want to copy and click Edit → Copy.

Click wherever in the new track that you want to paste and clidk Edit → Paste.

You can either past more claps into that track, or you can create several more new tracks. (It’s easier to move the sounds around in-time if they are separate tracks.)

When you export, all of the tracks will be mixed together.

…When you mix the volume will increase and you might get clipping (distortion). You can reduce the volume of the tracks before mixing (with the Amplify effect) or you can export as floating-point WAV (which has no upper limit), then re-import the floating-point file and run the Amplify or Normalize effect to bring the volume down to a “safe” level, then export to your desired final-format.

You need sequencer software …

Thanks you