I have been trying to compile Audacity in Mac, but I got a problem with WxMac.
I downloaded the source code of Audacity 1.2.6 from SourceForge, and have been following the compile instruction compile.txt, which is located in the “mac” directory from Audacity 1.2.6.
Following the compile.txt,
STEP 1: Download wxWidgets
I got myself wxMac-2.4.2.tar.gz, and uncompress it (the instruction uses the terminal, but simply double clicking on the tar.gz should give the same result)
STEP 2: Download Audacity
Since I already got myself Audacity 1.2.6, I skipped this step.
STEP 3: Apply patch
I followed all the instructions, and got these:
MyMac:wxMac-2.4.2 myName$ patch -p 1 < ~/desktop/audacity-src-1.2.6/mac/wxMac-2.4.2.patch
patching file include/wx/font.h
patching file src/common/intl.cpp
patching file src/mac/app.cpp
patching file src/mac/dc.cpp
patching file src/mac/dcclient.cpp
patching file src/mac/font.cpp
I see nothing wrong here.
STEP 4: Optional 10.2 compatibility The instructions are:
If you use tcsh:
setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.2 setenv NEXT_ROOT /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk setenv C_INCLUDE_PATH /usr/local/include:/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk/usr/include setenv LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib:/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk/usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3 setenv LD_PREBIND 1 setenv CPPFLAGS -DMAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED=1020
For bash, “setenv foo bar” becomes “export foo=bar” (notice the ‘=’ sign).
So logically, “setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.2” should become “export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.2”
So I type in as follow:
MyMac:wxMac-2.4.2 myName$ bash
bash-3.2$ export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.2
bash-3.2$ export NEXT_ROOT=/Development/SDKs/MAcOSX10.2.8.sdk
bash-3.2$ export C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include:/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk/usr/include
bash-3.2$ export LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk/usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3
bash-3.2$ export LD_PREBIND=1
bash-3.2$ export CPPFLAGS=-DMAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED=1020
STEP 5: Compile and install wxMac
mkdir macbuild cd macbuild …/configure --disable-shared make sudo make install
[ Type your Mac OS X password ]
Here’s what I got:
MyMac:wxMac-2.4.2 myName$ mkdir macbuild
MyMac:wxMac-2.4.2 myName$ cd macbuild
MyMac:macbuild myName$ …/configure --disable-shared
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type… i386-apple-darwin9.7.0
checking target system type… i386-apple-darwin9.7.0
checking build system type… i386-apple-darwin9.7.0
configure: error: unknown system type i386-apple-darwin9.7.0.
MyMac:macbuild myName$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
Frankly, I think something is very fishy since the step 4. And the result from step 5 renders me unable to go on. This is my first time to compile a source code from other sources, so I do not quite understand how the whole thing works fully yet. If you know how to do this properly, please guide me. Thank you.