Plugin Keeps Reverting to "New" After I Enable It?

I recently installed iZotope RX9 Advanced. And I can see all the tools when I open Add/Remove Plugins. They all show as “New.” I can click them and hit “Enable,” and even see it rescanning after. But when I try to actually use any of those tools, they don’t show up. If I go back to Add/Remove Plugins, all the RX tools have reverted to “New” again.

Any idea why this is happening? I’ve tried to close and then open Audacity, but that has no effect.

Thanks,

Ken

BTW, This is Audacity 3.1.3 on Windows 10.

Izotope RX doesn’t officially support Audacity so it might not work. I don’t know if it runs stand alone…

System Requirements
Operating Systems:
Mac: macOS Mojave 10.14.6 – macOS Monterey (12.2)
Win: Windows 10 – Windows 11
Plugin Formats:
AU, AAX, AAX Audiosuite, VST2, VST3.

All plug-in formats are 64-bit only.
RX 9 Spectral Editor & Music Rebalance AU ARA plug-ins are compatible with Logic Pro only.
RX 9 Ambience Match, RX 9 Dialogue Isolate & RX 9 De-rustle plug-ins are available as AAX Audiosuite plug-ins in Pro Tools.

Supported Hosts (DAWs/NLEs):
Logic Pro, Pro Tools 2021, Ableton Live 11, Cubase 10.5 – 11, Nuendo 11, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, FL Studio 20, Audition CC, Premiere Pro CC.

I had a similar problem with one of the free IZotope plugins. What worked for me was to first use the plugin in Reaper (where it asked for a serial number), and then I was able to enable the plugin in Audacity.

I was trying to enable the wrong thing! I don’t know why, but iZotope shows 2 versions of their tools in the “New” plugins - “iZRX9MouthDeclick” (for example), and also “RX9 Mouth De-click.” You have to choose the latter! I didn’t even know it was there because when I saw the former, I stopped looking.