PLEASE HELP

I have an iMac with Big Sur 11.5.1. I downloaded Audacity 3.0.3. I’m trying to use a Super USB Cassette Capture.

I CANNOT get it to work. I’ve attached a screenshot of the error message that I’ve gotten repeatedly; by the way, when I try to make changes in the Audio MIDI setup, the USB device “blinks” on and off the device list- it’s as if it’s unstable. I cannot hear the recording in progress and there’s no indication that any audio is being recorded at all. Can somebody please help me? I’ve used Audacity before (on another computer) and it shouldn’t be so difficult.
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 4.26.12 PM.jpg

I have an iMac with Big Sur 11.5.1. I downloaded Audacity 3.0.3. I’m trying to use a Super USB Cassette Capture.
I CANNOT get it to work. I’ve attached a screenshot of the error message that I’ve been getting repeatedly. (By the way, when I try to check the settings on my Audio MIDI Setup, the USB device “blinks” on and off the device list, it’s as if it’s unstable. Also there’s no indication that any audio is being recorded from the Cassette Capture at all.) I’ve used Audacity before (on another computer) and it shouldn’t be this difficult. Can somebody please help me?

Sorry to say we have never heard of anyone who has gotten one of those things to work on Mac. Your symptom of the device “blinking on and off” is typical. The fault is in the cassette device, not Audacity.

Can you get a refund?

– Bill