Part of audio becomes like a on-stage live performance when mono track is inverted

Hello, I will try to explain my issue the best I can. So I have a song that I extracted the vocals from, problem is that the song has adlibs, like sometimes in the song there is a voice that says “Studio bla bla bla…”, therefor I split a stereo track to mono and inverted one of the tracks, which removed the adlibs. The problem is that a part of the audio has become like an on-stage live performance with a microphone and it is like I am standing very far away. Is there anyway to fix this? I don’t understand why it happend because in the beginning of the audio there was an adlib but it is completly removed and the audio sounds good.

Help is appriciated, I am new to Audacity so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

Yeah, that can happen.

Subtraction removes whatever is identical and in-phase in both channels. The out-of-phase and different information remains. The reverb is often “random phase” so it remains, and anything that’s 180 degrees out-of-phase (inverted) gets summed (subtracting a negative is addition).

Okay I think I somewhat understand what you mean. Is there some way to fix that?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.