Nyquist prompt, "ok" button missing

Hey :slight_smile: i just started using audacity to create subliminals. i found a very good code on this forum to change the frequency to 17500 HZ, when i input the code it gives me the correct frequency in the pop-up window, however when i press on “apply” it does not apply the changes. I saw some people had the “ok” button that they used to apply those changes but i dont. Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated. The software version is 3.4.2 and my windows is the 64-bit operating system :slight_smile:

Have to select the audio, before applying Nyquist prompt.
Otherwise you get this unhelpful error message …
nil

hello :slight_smile: yes i know, i made sure to select the audio first but it still did not work unfortunately

Try clicking the “Debug” button instead, to see if there are any errors reported.

i did, none were reported, and the frequency immediately shows up as 17500 after i put the code and press on apply

Are you saying that it is working now, or do you still have a problem?

If you are still having a problem, is the problem with your modified code, or with the original code that you found on the forum? Either way, what is the code that you are trying to run?

no it’s not working. im saying that the code is good because it doesnt return any noticeable error, and the frequency that pops up as a result of the code is correct, but when i press on apply it doesnt apply that frequency to the selected audio. the code that i found on this forum is the following :

;nyquist plug-in
;version 1
;type process
;name “Subliminal…”
;action “Subliminal…”
;control carrier “Carrier” real “Hz” 17500 14000 20000

(setf carrier (max 14000 (min carrier 20000)))

;; We have two Nyquist frequencies, carrier/2 and sound-srate/2.
;; The CUTOFF is the maximum allowed frequency in the modulator.
;; It must not be greater than carrier/2, but also not greater than
;; the difference between the carrier and sound-srate/2, because
;; otherwise the modulated carrier aliases.

(setf cutoff (min (/ carrier 2.0) (- (/ sound-srate 2.0) carrier)))

(defun cut (function sound frequency)
(dotimes (ignore 10 sound)
(setf sound (funcall function sound frequency))))

That code is incomplete.

how so? do you know how i can i fix it?

The easiest solution is probably to download and install the version of the plug-in that’s on my blog. It’s on this page: Steganography and “Silent Subliminals” | AudioNyq

thank you Steve ! it worked !!!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.