Notifying a Poster by email

Notifying a Poster by email.

The Classic, Legacy (Old) forum used to allow an elf to notify a Poster by email when a solution was available. The new forum apparently doesn’t allow that? Still?

Koz

Try tagging them @kozikowski I think that alerts them

Peter

In https://forum.audacityteam.org/my/preferences/emails, there’s a setting called “Email me when I am quoted, replied to, my @username is mentioned, or when there is new activity in my watched categories, tags or topics” which defaults to “Only when away”. So while the user still has the thread open, it won’t sent email notifications.

I have no strong opinion either way whether the default should be “only when away” or “always”.

So emails work in the Subjunctive Mood. “I would have set emails on had I known that somebody was going to be a little late posting with valuable info.”

It’s a natural reluctance to post an email address unless absolutely needed given SPAM loading.

I have been personally selected!!

I would generally post a question and then check back multiple times in quick succession, slowly delaying longer and longer and then finally giving up. An elf may take that time to generate a valuable response and that’s the exact time they need to be able to post a directed email.

“Sorry I’m late. I think I found a solution for your problem.”

Koz

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.