Noise reduction help, please!

I recorded a track of my voice and when I try reducing the noise, I get this computerized sound:

http://c2.api.ning.com/files/Xh5db8rLqjit7XS0gRKq82lRkEohF4ejfM6JYSnvCPHwdgzHDoOAZoGpy8BcWMOtWSq8C-XmBQehaaSQO6Z8ZTGoikhL19dE/peter_piper_001.mp3

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Can anyone help me, please?

Noise reduction only works on noises that are actually in the background, not covering up the performance, and it only works on noises that don’t change. Constant air conditioner noise or electronics hum or hiss are perfect candidates for noise removal. Traffic noise, room conversations or echoes are not.

Echoes fail for a different reason, but they’re deadly as well.

You can easily get robot voice in Audacity 1.2. That noise reduction tool wasn’t very good. Download Audacity 1.3. It’s noise reduction is much better. You can install both 1.2 and 1.3 as long as you only use one at a time.

Start with gentle values of 18 dB reduction, 500 Hz Smoothing and no delay. The noise profile step is very important. Audacity will try to remove everything you included in the profile selection from the show. If you included a little of your voice by accident, Audacity will try to remove your voice from the show.

You need to go to a lot of effort to not need noise reduction in the first place. A quiet recording environment is very important. There are noise problems that you can’t fix in Audacity or any other package. In those cases, you have no show.

Koz