no playback sound through interface with 3.0

I recently uploaded the latest 3.0 version. I have Windows 10. I use a Focusrite interface. Everything seems fine except the the playback will not provide sound to my headphones when the phones are plugged into the Focusrite. Playback through the headphones is okay when I use the computer’s audio output.

Audacity recognizes the Focusrite in both the mic and audio output in the pull down menus. But when I hit the play button I receive an error message that says I might want to change some settings with bit rate, etc.

I have tried restarting the computer and rescanning audio devices. I am wondering if I should delete and reload 3.0.

I did not have this problem with 2.4.2 version.

The Audacity Project sample rate is set in the lower left-hand corner of the Audacity screen. The sample rate for each track is marked on each track. For the Windows sample rate type “mmsys.cpl” in the Windows Task Bar near the magnifying glass. Then click on the Recording tab and find your Focusrite in the window. Click on it, then click on Properties. The Focusrite recording rate is on the Advanced tab under Default Format. You can find the playback rates under the Playback tab.

All of the rates should be the same. Usually you want them all to be 44100 (44.1k) for CDs or 48000 (48k) for video.

Within Audacity, sometimes a Transport > Rescan Audio Devices can help. Sometimes, changing betwen MME and WIndows WASAPI.

I hope this helps. :smiley: