No audio from turntable

Hello,

I am currently using the Mini USB Turntable and I just downloaded the Audacity 2.1.2 to my laptop. When
connecting the device with the USB I tried to record music, although there were no signals of audio from
the tracks.

I have Windows 10 Home and I followed the instructions from the “Mini USB Turntable DIGITNOW” manual, such as
selecting “USB Microphone” in the Device Manager. I also went into the Audacity Quick Help feature on-line and
followed instructions such as clicking on “Transport”, “Rescan Audio Devices” and also clicked on “Software playthrough”
to get any visuals of audio playback on the tracks. Unfortunately, there has been no signs of audio coming through
the turntable.

I would like to know if the problem lies within my computed because I had the same issue with an ION Archive LP
USB Audio/Turntable and I suspected that it was the turntable itself. Has anyone experienced this problem? If so
or not, how would I be able to solve this problem?

Audacity doesn’t get its sound from the turntable. It gets it from Windows.

Close Audacity.

By the system clock, right-click over the Speaker icon > Recording Devices

Some versions of Windows have a little sound meter next to the USB Sound Device selection. Does that bounce when you play music? If there’s no sound in Windows, then it’s full stop. Audacity has nothing to do with it.

Koz

Try following all the steps “Detecting USB and Firewire devices” in the green box on this page http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/faq_recording_troubleshooting.html#flatline .

Gale