New problem: changing the emphasis of a word/syllable

OK, so now I’m on a different problem here.

Listen to this:

This is for a list of the Presidents. What I want to do is to change the emphasis on the “W” so Dennis says, “George W Bush**,**” with a “comma” in the voice just before saying “Barack H. Obama.”

I’ve tried everything to put some more punch in the DOUBLE-you, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Tony

It doesn’t need punch. It’s read in a tonal upswing and you want very slight gaps before and after and a downward and then upward swing.

Effect > Sliding Time Scale/ Pitch Shift.

Please note that you’re going to run into all the other people who try to pitch shift voices. It’s easy to produce chipmunks and bassoon voices.

Remember to put Room Tone in if you have to make silences longer. “Silences” are never silent.